Thursday, December 29, 2011

Indian Fried Fish

I know of fish's health benefits and this is tasty way of getting more of it into your diet. I particularly like to use Wild Salmon. I buy frozen packets of it at my local Whole Foods. It tastes delicious not at all fishy. I cut the fish into strips and marinate in spices for a couple of hours and then pan fry them. I hope you try this!

Ingredients

2 pieces of Salmon (cut into strips)
2 cloves of garlic 
1 inch piece of ginger
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon of MDH Chicken Masala powder
2 tablespoon of lime juice (I use Whole Foods organic lime juice in a bottle)

Preparation

  1. Cut pieces of salmon into strips
  2. Time to make marinade --- ( I put everything in a ziplock bag. Make paste out of ginger and garlic and place in bag. Put turmeric, salt, red chili power, and MDH chicken powder in bag. Now pour in the lime juice and mix well.)
  3. Put cut salmon in bag and marinate for 2-3 hours...the longer the better. 
  4. Now time to fry---( Get a shallow frying pan and pour 2 tablespoon of oil and place marinated salmon pieces in pan.)
  5. Fry on medium low heat for about 5 minutes on each side. 
  6. Eat hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment