Monday, December 19, 2011

My 1st blog post--Egg kuzhambu

This is my 1st blog post and I am new to this whole blogging thing but I wanted to start one about food because I love cooking and wanted to share my recipes. I hope my recipes can inspire and help others.
Egg Khuzambu

Ingredients

1 small finely chopped onion
1 medium sized chopped tomato
1 small eggplant cut into cubes
4 boiled eggs
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 inch of ginger
1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
7-8 fenugreek seeds
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
2 tablespoon of coriander powder
1 tablespoon of cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder (you can add more if you like it spicier)
1/2 teaspoon of tamarind paste
salt to taste

Method of Preparation
In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil. I use grape seed oil. Add mustard seeds and wait until they splatter then add fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds. When cumin seeds start to sizzle add onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes until they become transparent. Then add garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute. Now add tomato and wait until they are cooked well then add eggplant and cook for a couple of minutes. Combine coriander, cumin, red chili, and tamarind paste and a couple of tablespoons of water and cook for about 5 minutes.  Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil and then lower heat to medium and cook for another 15 minutes. Add salt to taste. Cut eggs in half and add to pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped cilantro. Enjoy with rice or chapati!



Note: You can add more water if gravy is too dry.
Add a little bit of salt to onions helps them cook faster.



No comments:

Post a Comment